Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ( Review)
Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ($49.00 for 0.53 oz.)
This palette contains sixteen eye shadows, and is a much deeper and warmer than its predecessor the Chocolate Bar palette.
I would say that the palette is decent overall I think they could have done a little better with certain colors. I love the silky consistency while and it wasn’t too powdery which makes it a very blendable palette.
I noticed that the formula was bit thinner instead of being really buttery or dense. I did notice that Cocoa Chili and Licorice had a more dry fell than thin.
There are a total of 9 shimmery , frosty and satin finish shade included into this palette.
Cocoa Chili: Glittery
Pink Sugar: Shimmer
Rum Raisin: Shimmer
Caramel: Satin Sheen
Bon Bon: Satin Sheen
Hot Fudge: Shimmer
Butter Pecan: Satin Sheen
Blueberry Swirl: Satin Sheen
I’m not a really big fan of shimmery,satin or frosty eye shadows I’m more of a matte lover mainly because I have hooded eyes. But there are a few colors that I do find myself gravitating to constantly when using this palette.
Pink Sugar: I use the heck out of the shade I was so pleasantly surprised of how pretty the color was.
Con: (Pink Sugar) This color does not adhere to the lid very well. I found myself having to use my Mac Fix Plus each time I applied this color. At first I thought it was because I used a base color on my lid before applying it but this was not the issue. I found that if I used this color without apply fix plus it just did not last long nor did it stay in place even though I used a primer before applying. I strongly suggest that if you use this color only apply it alone do not use over another color. This is a bit disheartening because its such a pretty shade.
Carmel and Bon Bon are my go to shadows when I’m going for a more neutral soft look.
Packaging: Even though my first opinion was ” This palette is not for mature women” due to the kiddy like appearance and the blast of chocolate fragrance you receive each time you open the palette. After using the palette a few times I have grown to love the uniqueness of the palette which from a users experience you don’t forget about this palette among all the others you may have.
Package Sturdiness: This palette has an aluminum cover that looks like a huge semi sweet chocolate bar. It has a inner mirror which is good for on the go. I like the sturdiness of this packaging which can help absorb a fall unlike many palettes on the market today made with cardboard packaging.
Closure: I like the closure on this palette due to the magnet not being super strong.
Pro: This makes it easy to open I hate breaking nail trying to open a eye shadow case.
Con: If traveling or carrying in a makeup kit ect.. you may want to secure this palette with a rubber band to guarantee it not opening.
- Licorice: Medium-dark black with subtle warm undertones and a mostly matte finish.
- Coconut Creme: Light beige with warm, creamy yellow tones and a matte finish.
- Nougat: Muted, medium-dark peach with warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Truffled: Medium-dark brown with warm, yellow-ish undertones and a mostly matte finish.
- Hot Fudge: A rich, dark brown with a hint of black/gray and a frosted finish.
- Cocoa Chili: Dark brown with warm, yellow undertones and a mostly matte finish.
- Pink Sugar: A pale pink with subtle yellow undertones.
- Puddin A muted, medium-dark brown with a faint hint of gray and a matte finish.
- Blueberry Swirl A faded, very muted, dark blue with a hint of black and purple to it and a soft, frosted finish.
- Peanut Butter: A brightened, medium orange with a hint of brown and a matte finish.
- Frosting: A bronzy brown with warm undertones and a frosted sheen.
- Rum Raisin A slightly muted, medium-dark taupe brown with warm undertones and a metallic finish.
- Mousse: A medium brown with warm undertones and a matte finish.
- Caramel: A brightened, golden copper with warm undertones and a metallic finish.
- Bon Bon: A medium copper with a hint of brown and a metallic finish.
- Butter Pecan A light gold with a hint of peach.