Dark lips are a common problem that plague many women. As women we are more conscious about our complexion and facial features.
How to Get Rid of Dark Lips
Women tend to try a wide variety of cosmetics on our lips to make them look fuller,smoother brighter, ect. However, we fail to realize that most of the products we use only gives a temporary results and long-lasting side effects. Cosmetics like lipsticks and lip glosses have the tendency to make our lips dry and darker. The best way to reverse this unsightly side effects is to try some home remedies for dark lips. below we will be discussing the best herbal remedies for dark lips.
1. Honey And Lemon
Make a mixture of honey and lemon juice and store it in your refrigerator. Apply this mixture to your lips and let it stay for an hour. Cleanse your lips after one hour. Practice this remedy for 2 to 3 times. The citrus contents of lemon can reduce pigmentation. The nutrients in the honey help in nourishing the skin and making it healthier. Honey also helps in making your lips look more pinkish.
Dry lips are one of the reasons behind dark lips. Glycerine can help you to maintain the moisture in your lips. Apply it on your lips and leave it overnight.
Lack of water and dehydration causes dark and dry lips. In order to avoid this drink lot of water and keep your body well hydrated. This is one of the best dry lip remedies.
Beetroot is one of the best and the easiest home remedies for dark lips. Scrub a piece of beet root on your lips for 5 minutes. Leave it on for some time and allow your skin to soak all the juice. This will make your lips pinkish in color.
5. Avoid Harmful Lip Products
Avoid using cheap and low quality lip products. They can ruin the natural beauty of your lips and cause extreme pigmentation. Switch to herbal lip products and make use of natural fruit juices and natural lip masks to reduce tanning and pigmentation of your lips.
6. Almond Oil
Use almond oil on your lips for reducing pigmentation. For best results apply it before going to bed.
7. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber juice is one of the best dark lip remedies that can help you in reducing pigmentation and improving the color of your lips
Lemon acts as a natural bleaching agent. It is traditionally used to lighten dark spots and patches on the skin. You can also use it as one of the most effective herbal remedies for dark lips.
- Applying lemon juice on your lips can make your lips lighter. Follow this for a couple of months.
- You can scrub your lips with a piece of lemon to exfoliate your skin. Sprinkle some sugar on the lemon to make it more effective. Follow this for 2 to 3 weeks.
- You can also apply a mixture of lemon juice, honey and glycerin (1/2 tbsp each) for improving the complexion of your lips. After applying leave it overnight. Practice this remedy until you get the desired results.
Rose helps in soothing and moisturizing your skin. It also improves the color of your lips.
- Add some honey to rose water and apply the mixture on your lips. Repeat this thrice in a day.
- Make a mixture rose petal paste, honey and butter (1 tbsp each). Scrub your lips with this mixture. Practice this remedy 2 to 3 times in a week.
- Soak some petals of rose in raw milk. After an hour crush these petals and add ½ tbsp of honey and some saffron. Apply this mixture on your lips and let it stay for 15 minutes. Practice this twice in a day.
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil helps in softening and moisturizing your lips. It contains lots of essential nutrients that can make your lips beautiful.
- Massage your lips with virgin olive oil. Practice this every night.
- Make a natural scrub by mixing sugar with olive oil. Scrub this mixture on your lips to make it lighter. Practice this every week for a couple of months.
Sugar is a good exfoliating material that can help you in removing all the dead skin cells from your lips.
- Make a mixture of granulated sugar (3 tbsp) and butter (2 tbsp). Use this as a natural scrub and gently exfoliate your lips. Practice this remedy once in a week.
- Mix granulated sugar (1 tbsp) with honey (1 tbsp) and almond oil (1/2 tbsp). Scrub this mixture on your lips to make it soft and lighter. Repeat this every week.
- You can also make a natural scrub by simply mixing some cold cream with sugar. Use this once in a week.
Pomegranates can make your lips pinkish and moist. It is one of the best dark lip remedies. It has lots of nutrients that help in nourishing your lips.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add some rose water and milk cream to this paste. Scrub your lips with this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Cleanse your lips with warm water.
- Apply a mixture of pomegranate juice, carrot juice and beetroot juice on your lips. Practice this daily until you get the desired results.
Strawberries and raspberries can help you to improve the complexion of your lips. It contains lots of nutrients and minerals that can nourish your lips and make them healthy.
- Make a mixture of raspberry juice (1/2 tbsp), honey and Aloe Vera gel. Scrub it on your lips for few minutes. Wash it off after 10 minutes with some warm water. Repeat this thrice in a week.
- Make a mixture of strawberry juice (1 tbsp) and petroleum jelly (2 tbsp). Apply it on your lips 2 times in a day.
Honey can make your lips moist and pinkish.
- Every night apply a little honey on your lips. Rinse it off in the morning using some warm water. This can definitely lighten the color of your lips.
- Make a mixture of gram flour, honey and yogurt (1/2 tbsp each). Apply this mixture on your lips and let it remain for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. Practice this on a regular basis to get the desired results.
15. Honey And Almond Oil
Mix honey (1 tbsp) and almond oil (1 tbsp) and rub it on your lips. Leave it on for half an hour before rinsing it off. You can repeat this remedy thrice in a day to get the desired results.
16. Cream And Rose Petals
Crush some rose petals and make a fine paste. Add some milk cream and honey to this paste and apply it on your lips. Let it remain for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with milk. Following that, cleanse your lips with water.
This remedy can help you to exfoliate your lips and also in making it lighter and reddish.
17. Lemon And Turmeric
Make a mixture of lime juice and turmeric powder and apply it on your lips. Let it remain for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
18. More Tips to get rid of dark lips:
- Always scrub your lips gently. Lips are delicate and forceful scrubbing can damage its skin.
- Avoid strong lip glosses and lipsticks.
- Before going to bed cleanse off all the traces of cosmetics from your lips.
- Before going to bed moisturize your lips with the help of some clarified butter.
Are you concerned about your dark lips? Are you searching for a safe and secure remedy for your dry and dark lips? If you wish to try some natural remedies to soften your lips then try some of the aforementioned tips on how to get rid of dark lips. These remedies are simple and quite easy to practice. They can nourish you lips and make them naturally beautiful. If you have beautiful pink lips, you need not depend on harsh cosmetics like lip glosses and lipsticks anymore.