DIY Remedies for Dark Necks and Backs
Unfortunately many people suffer from dark skin around the neck and back. This condition is known as acanthosis nigricans. It is characterized by hyperpigmentation of the skin along the folds and creases in the body. Even though people wash their face multiple times a day, they may forget to wash and scrub their neck and back area. This neglect can cause the neck and back area to darken. Having this unsightly issue can take its thole on your confidence and self-esteem. The skin may remain soft and velvety. This is not an infection and is not contagious.
8 Items and 12 additional remedies that will help you with discoloration on the neck and back
What Are The Causes Of Dark Neck and Back?
The exact cause of darkening of the neck and back varies and is often unknown. Some of the causes of dark skin around the neck and back steamed from diabetes, hereditary, obesity, polycystic ovary etc. In some cases, poor personal hygiene has also resulted in darks neck and back. Too much exposure to sun is another reason for the dark colored skin on the neck area. Great news most of these cases can simply be treated up to a certain level by the right cleansing, scrubbing and moisturizing using natural methods. Reducing the weight of the person also helps if the darkness is caused by overweight or obesity
What Are Some Of The Symptoms?
The most common symptom is darkening forming as a thick and velvety patches of skin in the neck and back area. In rare cases some may experience mild itching in the affected areas. Also some people may have patches of skin in the effected area that will change the color slowly taking months or in some cases years to spread. Some may not know that there are many home remedies available to reduce the discoloration of skin around the back and neck area which will naturally return the skin back to its normal skin colored. Below I have listed some of these natural remedies.
Home Remedies For Dark Neck And Back
1. (Cucumber) Using cucumber as a cleanser will help to soothe the skin and bring back the glow of the skin. Scrubbing the neck and back with cucumber removes the dead skin cells. • Simply applying grated cucumber or cucumber juice on the dark areas of the neck and back.
- Gently scrub the neck for a few minutes
- Wash it off after 15 minutes
2. Lemon Juice The citric acid properties in the lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. If you have sensitive skin, its strongly suggested to diluted the lemon juice with water for this purpose.
- Apply lemon juice to the darkened skin area using a cotton ball
- Leave it there for 10-20 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Its important not to expose the skin to sunlight after applying lemon juice.
3. Honey And Tomato Honey has properties that will help to lighten the skin and can also be used as a natural moisturizer. Tomato and lemon has acids in them which will help to lighten the dark color.
- Mix honey , and tomato juice along with lemon juice and apply it to the affected areas
- Leave the mix on the skin for 20 minutes and wash it off with cool water.
- Repeat the method daily for best result
4. Almonds Almonds contain vitamins which are essential for the skin health. Almond oil also acts as a moisturizer.
- Make a paste of powdered almond and milk powder with honey
- Apply this paste on the sides and back of the neck and back, where the skin is dark
- Leave the mixture on the skin for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.
5. (Olive Oi) Olive oil helps to moisturize and nourish the skin.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice into a small bowl then it on the darkened areas of the back and neck
- Keep the mixture on the skin for at least 20 minutes to reduce the darkness of the skin.
6. Aloe Vera Aloe Vera is a natural skin lightener and it also moisturizes the skin
- Apply pure gel of Aloe Vera directly on the neck
- Wash your neck after 20 minutes.
- Repeat the remedy daily to get faster result
7. Potato The potato has bleaching properties and this will lighten the skin.
- Take grated potato or potato juice and apply it on your neck and back
- Leave it there for 15 minutes and clean the neck and back using warm water
- You can also apply a mix of lime juice and potato juice to get faster results
8. (Walnut) Walnut acts as a scrubber and removes the dead cells on the skin reducing the dark color. Milk cleanses and moisturizes the skin. The vitamins and zinc present in the walnut nourishes the skin
- Make a paste of walnut with milk
- Apply this paste on your dark neck and slightly scrub the area
- After ten minutes wash the area with cold water
9.( Yoghurt) Yoghurt helps to cleanse the skin and the acid present in it lightens the skin. It also helps to moisturize the skin.
- Apply a yoghurt to the affected area and leave for 10-15 minutes
- You can apply a mixture of yoghurt and lime juice to get faster result.
10. (Turmeric) Turmeric has antiseptic properties and is used for treating various skin problems. You can use turmeric in different ways to get rid of the dark neck problem.
- Mix turmeric powder and milk into a small Bowl then apply it on the affected areas for at least 15 minutes.
- You can replace milk with yoghurt or honey according to your convenience.
11. Orange Peel Orange peel helps to cleanse the skin and to bleach the skin. This will reduce the dark skin considerably. This is one of the best remedies for dark neck.
• Mix the dried orange peel powder with milk
• Apply it on the neck for 20 minutes and wash it with cool water.
12. Chickpea Flour Chickpea flour is an excellent scrubber which removes the dead skin and exposes the fresh skin
- Take one teaspoon of chickpea flour and add a pinch of turmeric to it
- Make a paste of this with water and apply it on the neck
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes and wash it off with cold water
13. Baking Soda Baking soda cleanses the skin and reduces the dark shade.
- Make a paste of baking soda and warm water
- Apply it on the neck and allow it to dry
- Wash it off after some time
14. Vitamin E Oil Vitamin E oil nourishes the skin and moisturizes the skin.
- Apply vitamin E oil to your dark neck and massage the area lightly, before going to bed at night
- Next day morning wash the area
15. Sandalwood Powder Sandalwood helps to soothe the skin and helps to regain the glow.
- Make a paste of sandal wood and rose water
- Apply it on the affected area and allow it to dry
- Wash it off with cool water
16. Sunscreen Using sunscreen creams or lotions helps to prevent and reduce the dark neck problem.
- Use sunscreens with SPF at least 30 to protect your neck while going outside.
17. Mint Leaves Mint leaves have antiseptic properties and also cleanses the skin.
• You can apply the paste of mint leaves to the neck
• You can also make a paste of mint leaves and turmeric and apply it, to get rid of dark neck.
• Remember to leave the paste for at least 15 minutes
18. Cocoa Butter Cocoa butter helps to moisturize the skin and reduce the dark appearance of the neck. Milk cleanses the skin and also lightens the skin.
- Mix cocoa butter, milk and honey and apply it on the affected areas of the neck
- Use this remedy at least twice a day for seven days to feel the difference
19. Oatmeal Oatmeal can be used in different ways to remove the dark neck. Oatmeal acts as a scrub and helps in the exfoliation of the skin.
- Mix oatmeal powder with milk and apply on the dark skin
- Apply oatmeal mixed with honey on the affected area
- Mix some curd or yoghurt with oatmeal powder and apply it
- Keep the mixture applied on the neck for 20-30 minutes and wash it off
20. Fruit Masks Fruit masks provide nourishment to the skin and help to cleanse the skin and reduce the dark pigmentation.
- Mash fruits like banana, orange, avocado separately or make a mix of all these fruits
- Apply the fruit mask to the neck area and leave it for half an hour.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the mask mixture to make it more effective
[su_youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8y1d4-FpOI”][youtube url=”][/su_youtube]
Are you a person with dark neck and or back? Are you constantly trying to avoid embarrassment caused by a dark neck and or back by wearing certain clothing that will hide these issues? Are you looking for low expensive methods to treat the problem of dark skin on your neck and or back? Then you can try some of the home remedies given above to get rid of the problems effectively. You can try out the remedies and find out which one will be effectively help you. Once you find the effective remedy stick with it to get the best results. It will require repetition and time to get rid of darkness on you neck or back.