How to Get Rid of Black Knees and Elbows
We all would loved to have our knees and elbows match the rest of our skin completion, But unfortunately our skin doesn’t always go along with our plans. So we have to sometimes take measures into our own hands, Below I have listed a few items that you can find in the common kitchen to help lighten up those unwanted dark areas.
- Did You Know: Knees and elbows lack sebaceous glands, which produce natural oils that keep skip hydrated. Because of this, they tend to get dry and dark much quicker than the rest of your skin.
1.Baking Soda and Milk
Baking soda is very effective because it cleanses the skin and reduces darkening of the skin. Hard to believe but milk bleaches and cleanses the skin.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with milk
- Apply as a paste on knees and elbows using the paste as a exfoliator scrub using a circular motion.
- Repeat this regiment once every two days. Repeat this until you notice your knees and elbows starts to lighten.
2.Turmeric , Honey and Milk
Turmeric has antiseptic properties and as mentioned above milk has bleaching properties. Honey acts as a moisturizer for dry skin and also has antiseptic properties. Using all three natural properties together will help to get rid of black elbows and knees.
- Mix a 3 tbs of turmeric into a bowl, then add a 3 tsp of milk and 2 tbs of honey to make it a smooth paste
- Apply as a paste to the darkened areas of your knees and elbows, leave for at least 20 minutes
- Wet your hands and rub in a circular motion for 2-3 minutes then rinse away with warm water
3.Sugar And Olive Oil
This mixture should be fairly easy as everyone normally has simple table sugar present in the home. This remedy works great as exfoliate and the olive oil acts as a moisturizer for the skin.
- Mix equal parts of olive oil and sugar to make a thick paste
- using your hands simply apply this mixture on to the darkened areas of your elbows and knees.
- Apply and rub the paste in a circular motion on the elbows and knees for about five minutes.
- Then gently wash away the paste using mild soap and warm water.
4. Lemon And Honey
Lemon juice has natural bleaching property and as mentioned above honey acts as a moisturizer to the skin which will prevent the skin from darkening . You should repeat this remedy at least three times a week to get the best results
- Using the juice of one lemon and 1 Tbs of honey mix well in a bowl
- Apply the paste like mixture onto the darkened areas of your elbows and knees, leave the mixture on for 20 minutes
- Gently wash the paste like mixture off with warm water you should see results within a few days.
5.Gram Flour And Lemon
Gram flour can cleanse the area and also provides mild exfoliation. Lemon is a natural bleach and this will help to reduce the darkness.
- Add some lime juice to gram flour to make it damp
- Apply the mixture and rub in circular motion, allow it to dry and wash it off to get light colored skin.
This oil has natural bleaching properties and it also softens the rough skin on the knees and elbow giving it smoothness and glow. This is one of the cheapest remedy for dark skin formed by friction and dryness.
- Rub warm olive oil to the knees and elbows every day for 10 minutes
You can use any exfoliating brush or loofah to remove the dead cells from the knee and elbow
- Use the exfoliating brush or loofah while taking bath, when the skin is moist and scrub the skin in circular motion
8.Cocoa Butter And Shea Butter
These natural fats act as good moisturizers and help to make the skin soft. This helps to remove the darkness caused by dry and flaky skin.
- Apply cocoa butter or Shea butter on the darkened skin every night before going to bed.
9.Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera reduces the sun damage caused to the skin due to overexposure of the elbows and knees to the sun. It also moisturizes the skin and prevents the dryness which may lead to darkening of the skin.
- Take fresh leaves of Aloe Vera and take out the gel by breaking the fleshy leaf.
- Apply the fresh gel to the knees and elbows and leave it for half an hour to get fresh looking skin on your elbows and knees.
10.Use Sunscreen Lotions
Using sunscreen lotions while going out will reduce the chances of developing dark skin on the exposed parts.
- Apply sunscreen while going out in the sun during the summer season.
- You can also use it as moisturizer after shower on elbows and knees to lighten the skin color.
11.Vinegar And Yogurt
When vinegar and yogurt are used together to reduce the darkened areas on your elbow and knees the mixture will act as a cleanser and moisturizer on the affected areas.
- Mix equal parts together to form a paste , apply the mixture on the affected areas and let dry
- When the mixture becomes dry rub in a circular motion for 2 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat this twice a week for best results.
12. Acidic Fruits
Acidic fruits like lemon, tomato and grapes have bleaching properties that will help lighten the darkened areas of your elbows and knees when used regularly.
- by applying the juice of any of any of the fruits listed above will help to lighten darkened skin
- You can use different fruit juices on different days
Its important to use moisturizers to keep the darkened areas of your skin hydrated. This will reduce dryness of the skin which causes a darkening effect. By keeping your skin moisturized it will reduce friction on the skin which also causes darkening of the skin.
- Always apply good quality moisturizes after having shower or bath to keep your skin soft and supple
14. Natural Oils
Natural oils will add moisture back into the skin which will reduce the look of darkness on the elbows and knees.
- Using about a tsp per darkened area, apply any natural oil such as olive oil, sesame seed oil or coconut oil on the darkened areas to reduce the dryness and darkening of skin.
Using a Pumice Stone as a Exfoliator rub the darkened areas of your elbows and knees in a gentle circular motion. By doing this it will help to remove the dead cells of the skin. Leaving a lighter appearance. This should only be done once(1) a week to avoid skin irritation.