Are You Beauty Brand Responsible?
Ladies the question of the day: Are you beauty brand Responsible? Its very simple:, Does the beauty brand company that you purchase your products from uses its brand to influence and financial stability to benefit others? Before we purchase any beauty product , we should ponder over these questions
- What is this brand doing to ensure the safety of children?
- What process does this company use to manufacture its product?
- Is a percentage of the money Im spending on their product being applied towards worthy a causes? We cant always focus on this with all companies we purchase from, But we can focus some of these questions on items of luxury we purchase.
Below I have highlighted a few brands that are in some way making a effort use their financial success towards improvement of society and the environment.
1. The Dove® Campaign for Real Beauty
Imagine a World Where Beauty is a Source of Confidence, Not Anxiety The Dove® brand is rooted in listening to women. Based on the findings of a major global study,The Real Truth About Beauty: A Global Report, Dove® launched the Campaign for Real Beauty in 2004. The campaign started a global conversation about the need for a wider definition of beauty after the study proved the hypothesis that the definition of beauty had become limiting and unattainable. Among the study’s findings was the statistic that only 2% of women around the world would describe themselves as beautiful. Since 2004, Dove® has employed various communications vehicles to challenge beauty stereotypes and invite women to join a discussion about beauty. In 2010, Dove® evolved the campaign and launched an unprecedented effort to make beauty a source of confidence, not anxiety, with the Dove® Movement for Self-Esteem. [su_youtube url=”http://youtu.be/IHqzlxGGJFo”][youtube url=””][/su_youtube]
2. The Body Shop
The Body Shop has always demonstrated its social responsibility on many different levels. One includes the process in which they use to make their products and packaging , while steady passing on these values to their employees.
What does cruelty-free mean?
It means that none of our products has been tested on animals. All The Body Shop® products are certified by BUAV as meeting their Humane Cosmetics Standard.
What we do
We comply with the very strict requirements of the Humane Cosmetics Standard. This standard was set by the British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection (BUAV) and is regarded as the highest standard for animal welfare in the cosmetics industry. They audit us regularly to ensure we comply. We also audit ourselves. Every two years we check our policies and compliances to ensure we’re adhering to the latest animal-welfare guidelines
What is Ethical Trade?
Ethical Trading is about brands, retailers and suppliers taking responsibility for the working conditions of the people who make the products they sell. It’s about making sure that workers are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. [su_youtube url=”http://youtu.be/K_5SHLKtA78″][youtube url=”][/su_youtube] Lush Cosmetics
In making effective products from fresh, organic* fruit and vegetables, the finest essential oils and safe synthetics.
- Our own products and fragrances. We make them fresh by hand using little or no preservative or packaging, using only vegetarian ingredients, and tell you when they were made.
- 0In buying ingredients only from companies that do not commission tests on animalsand in testing our products on humans.
- In happy people making happy soap, putting our faces on our products and making our mums proud.
- In long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again.
- Our products are good value, that we should make a profit and that the customer is always right.
We also believe words like fresh and organic have honest meaning beyond marketing.
[su_vimeo url=”http://vimeo.com/12972799″][vimeo url=””][/su_vimeo] [su_button url=”http://www.lushusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Lush-Site/en_US/AboutUs-OurStoryShow?cid=we-believe’ target=” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ icon=”icon: heart”]Purchase Online[/su_button] Link to Beauty, Your Link to Everything Beauty